Appointments are precious - Please help us make best use of them!
1. Do you really need an appointment with the GP or Practice Nurse?
- Can you find the information you need on NHS Choices?
- 111 is available 24 hours a day for medical advice
- The pharmacist can help with many queries through their minor ailment scheme
- Is another professional more appropriate for your problem? eg your health visitor, midwife or podiatrist
- Are you wanting information about a referral or hospital appointment? If so the booking management centre should be able to help on 01772 325100
- Can the receptionist help you without the need for an appointment? eg assisting with a fit note, prescription or test results
2. If you do need a GP or Practice Nurse appointment
- Decide who you would prefer to see and when
- The more flexible you can be the more likely we will be-able to find an appointment to suit you
- Appointments can either be face-to-face in the surgery or over the phone - the latter can mean that you don't need to leave home or work to get the help you need
- Non-urgent or follow-up appointments with the GP or Practice Nurse can be made up to 4 weeks in advance
- We have a number of appointments each day for urgent conditions i.e. one that cannot be reasonably expected to wait until the following day
- We respectfully request that only one major problem is discussed during a single appointment.
Booking and Appointments
- this can be done either on-line, in person at the desk or by ringing 01772 214640
- the receptionist's job involves asking enough questions to offer you the right help, particularly if you feel your problem is urgent for the day - please do not be offended
We offer appointments at 7.30am and 7.45 am on Mondays before surgery, also 6.30 and 6.45pm on Monday evenings. Please contact the practice or check online to book appointments.
GP Increased Access
"We are pleased to be able to offer evening and weekend appointments by working in collaboration with other GP practices in the area.
This does mean that if you want to be seen on a weekday evening or weekend, your appointment may be held at a different GP practice to your registered practice and with a different GP or nurse than you usually see.
Your medical record will be available to the GP or nurse that sees you to ensure that they have the information they need to give you the best possible care. Notes of your appointment will be sent back to us to ensure that your record is updated.
In order to book an evening or weekend appointment, you must call this GP practice as these appoints are not currently available online.
However if you need to book an evening or weekend appointment and your GP surgery is closed, please call NHS 111 and they will be able to advise you further."
- Please cancel any appointments that you no longer need
- This can be done on-line, in person at the desk or by ringing 01772 214640
- Patients who fail to attend 3 appointments may be asked to reregister elsewhere